I wrote about my last IHG Accelerate promotion here. I didn’t do well, as I didn’t read the T&Cs carefully enough. It boiled down to a points and cash night tracking for that part, but not as one of my total nights stayed, meaning I missed out on the completion bonus. It wasn’t too serious as I didn’t do a mattress run to complete that one.
The promotion has come round again for a third time. Here are my targets:
- Stay Once Get 5,000 points.
- Stay 5 nights and earn 10,000 bonus points.
- Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 2,600 bonus points.
- Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points.
- Spend $40 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 500 bonus points.
- Earn 1,000 bonus points by purchasing IHG® Rewards Club points.
- Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to Reward Nights, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.
- Complete 6 of the 7 offers above and earn (an additional) 25,900 bonus points.
- Stay once in June and get 5,000 bonus points
To ensure I don’t muck it up again, I read the terms and conditions of each target and I made a spreadsheet to keep track of things.
The general consensus from Head for Points is that nights booked already but stayed during the promo should count, except ones like the ‘book with the app’ which need to be done during the promotion period. I was able to cancel and rebook two nights using the app to hit that target.
After one stay, this is how my dashboard looks. The one stay I had was for work, so that will put me part of the way for the $40 spend in the hotel as well as being in June and counting towards one of my 5 nights. I also managed to buy the points during the 100% bonus weekend, so I’ll end up with 3,000 points for $13.50 instead of the standard 1,000.
If all goes to plan, I should have 55,000 points which will most likely go toward a night at an InterContinental somewhere. My trip with MummyAirmiles in a few days time should see me hit another 3 targets as we have 4 nights in InterContinentals and Crowne Plazas, one of which was booked via the app.
How are you getting on with your Accelerate targets for the summer?